Jason & Kimberly

"Life would not be so hard if we did not expect it to be so easy." C.S. Lewis

Fight Club
















This weekend I'm headed to Fight Club, the first Acts 29 conference in Georgia. Going with me, will be four guys from our Missional Community that I love dearly and have enjoyed growing and living life with. God has been good. This time last year, Kimberly and I were about a month into New City Church and the MC's had not even launched yet. Now, I'm being joined by four other men who God has placed here who have a desire to grow in the grace of God and see it transform themselves, their families, their church and their cities.

I'm excited for all. The last time I went to an Acts 29 conference I came back more firmly rooted in the power of the gospel and the need to have everything we do filtered through that lens. The church needs leaders who eat, breath, and live the gospel. I also came back with greater affection for the men I serve with and who lead us. I don't think I had laughed that hard in a long time, not only at them, but at myself. It reminded me of football camps when I was in high school, but this is sweeter.

"You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also." 2 Timothy 2:1-2

0 comments: