Jason & Kimberly

"Life would not be so hard if we did not expect it to be so easy." C.S. Lewis

The Condition for Grace

"I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost." 1 Timothy 1:12-16

I have been dwelling on these verses because I was so struck by them when Keith read them aloud two Sundays ago. The one condition for me to be to accepted and loved by God is to be a sinner. Not just that, I have to know that I am so. I must be convinced that Jason Clements is bad. Not just bad, but really bad. Worse than bad. I must feel the horror of how bad I am. How does this happen? Grace. It is truly amazing. Paul says that it overflowed. Grace has it's root and beginning in the abundant love that exists between the Father and Son and overflows so beautifully to really bad people. Once our hearts are awakened to the glory of Christ we can't help but see ourselves for what we are. The one condition for grace is a bad condition.

2 comments:

Heath said...

dude I just remembered how to pronounce it...Yeshua pretty close to Yehoshua. Yehoshua is the Joshua or Jesus meaning Jehovah is salvation. Yeshua just means salvation.

I was about to fall asleep and I remembered all that.

Amy said...

Hey, we use Alpha Omega Switched on Schoolhouse cd-rom for some subjects, some Abeka and an assortment of other things. Check it out when you are at my house on Sunday.