Jason & Kimberly

"Life would not be so hard if we did not expect it to be so easy." C.S. Lewis

Selling on the 'Sabbath'?

Due to recent developments in the area I want to gather the opinions of all our readers. Just a few weeks ago the City of Centerville voted to allow restaraunts to sell alcohol on Sunday. I don't know any definitive facts about whether Warner Robins will do the same or not. So, we have included a poll at the bottom for your voting pleasure. If you would like to explain your vote please feel free to leave a comment on this blog.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I voted yes for several reasons. First, while I am currently a SB, I personally don't believe that it is wrong to drink. The Bible says not to get drunk, but it does not say not to drink at all. Second, I believe that Houston County doesn't allow Sunday sales because of the commandment to "keep the Sabbath holy." Yet the Sabbath is Saturday, which is a big sports day, which means many people sitting around drinking beer. So the Sabbath has not been kept holy in that regard anyway. Third, I don't know how I feel about the government regulating alcohol consumption. Alcohol is destructive, and too many people can't handle it responsibly. Yet to allow it with many stipulations such as age, day of the week, distance it can be sold from a church and school, hours of the day it can be sold, etc. just seems to me to be too much government regulation. I could go on, but I think I've already posted a comment that is longer than the original post!

Joshua said...

I voted yes. How else would you get wine for communion if you forgot to buy it the night before? :)

Steve said...

Well, the referendum passed, and now Warner Robins is looking at the same thing, but many say it's not as likely to pass there.

On a side note, Iona?! Haven't heard from them in forever!

Jason & Kimberly said...

Actually, I saw a sign that their will be a vote tonight at City Hall.

Iona just released a new album. I love their music!