Jason & Kimberly

"Life would not be so hard if we did not expect it to be so easy." C.S. Lewis

Just some thoughts....

Kimberly and I went to Casa Mexico in Byron tonight for our date night. It's our favorite Mexican restaurant. Their chimichangas are unrivaled by any other in our area simply because they have the brilliant idea of pouring that wonderful white cheese all over them. Anyway, after our dinner we walked through the Byron outlet. We came to the point in our date that every husband either loves or hates because their is no middle ground. You know it very well. The point where your wife goes to the restroom and leaves you with the important task of holding her purse while you sit on a bench in the open. I am very thankful to some of my friends that I was adequately trained for this task on my bachelor night. Now I happen to be one of those guys that, overall, loves this task. Tonight, as I was sitting in the open with Kimberly's purse, I meditated on the wisdom and goodness of Christ. I am thankful that I get to sit on a bench holding the purse of the most beautiful and brilliant woman I've ever met. It isn't good for me to be alone. Her companionship is a gift. It's a shadow that points me to my Creator. Granted, these times of reflection are fewer than I would like. Sometimes I feel like throwing the purse across the parking lot. Marriage isn't room service, it's real life. And in this life we still have sin to battle. "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" In Christ I don't have to obey these sinful desires. I can deny myself, take up my wife's purse daily and follow Him. "But whoever desires to be great among you, let him be your servant."

----------------
Now playing: Chris Tomlin & Christy Nockels - Glorious
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: